cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Cordova CLI minor update
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:52:38 GMT
On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> If we are going to land another CLI point release, I suggest we wait for
> CB-5338 as well to properly fix the android API version bump to 18 as we
> planned for 3.2.  That should land soon/today.
>
> -Michal
>

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Bryan Higgins <bryan@bryanhiggins.net
> >wrote:
>
> > This update breaks BB10 badly.
> >
> > There was a change made to attempt standardizing platforms in
> sub-folders.
> > I asked yesterday if this had been tested on BB10  The answer was no.
> When
> > I found some time to test it out (just now), it had already been merged
> > into master and released to NPM.
> >
> > Perhaps if the commit messages had JIRA ids and something more
> descriptive
> > than "merging master from x", we'd have a clue about what we're
> > releasing...
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin.beer.dev@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Michael and I released another version of the Cordova CLI this morning.
> > >
> > > This is a minor version bump, and includes a commit to fix a blocking
> > issue
> > > for projects that consume the Cordova CLI as a library.

What is the issue? Is there a JIRA for it?

Sounds like it's unlikely worse than having BB completely broken. I'd like
someone else to make the call since I'm still catching up on things, but
sounds like we may want to roll back this point release until BB is fixed.
E.g., make it not "latest" tag in npm.

> > > This was tested on OSX and Windows before the release, and should not
> > > affect the Cordova CLI at all.
> > >
> > > In the future, the list will be notified prior before even a minor
> > release
> > > like this.

This was already the documented procedure. Bad call it seems :(.