cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <plugins> tag, and accessing the plugin list
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:25:05 GMT
It is unfortunate that the name attribute on the feature tag is not the
plugin id but a name. The uniqueness of the name is not guaranteed by
plugman so I can imagine this causing problems in the future.

I can see the need for the tag but I am not sure id <plugin> tag is the
correct approach. There are plugins out there that are still using that tag
for instance [1] is from barcode scanner plugin from the registry. As an
alternate, <feature> tag can be used and id and version info can be
injected as additional <param> tags by plugman.

[1]   <config-file target="res/xml/plugins.xml" parent="/plugins">
            <plugin name="BarcodeScanner"
value="com.phonegap.plugins.barcodescanner.BarcodeScanner"/>
        </config-file>
--
Gorkem