cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: android target level
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:19:15 GMT
Joe is right on the money. If the target is older than 13 it will fail to
compile which was detected elsewhere [1].

Also as detected on the other thread CLI is not actually [2] [3] delegating
the requirement checks to platform scripts for
Android and iOS. After this issue is resolved it will depend on the value
on the project.properties. Hopefully that is more likely to be updated
and we will not end up forcing level 17 when 18 and 19 was out.

I am not happy about the fixed target versions overall though. On JBoss
tools we decided to look for the newest target that exists and use that as
long as it
is newer that minimum (which is 17 at this time). This way we would not
disappoint a developer who gets the latest and greatest SDK update.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-15885

Gorkem