cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Qi LUO <>
Subject engine elements in plugin.xml
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 03:08:13 GMT
Hi all,

From the doc, we can specify multiple engines, sth like,

    <engine name="cordova" version="1.7.0" />
    <engine name="worklight" version="1.0.0" platform="android" scriptSrc="worklight_version"/>

The plugman will only install the plugin after all engines are satisfied. But I didn’t quite
follow the idea that why all engines over there should pass the check, why not just one of
engines? Usually a specific project is connected to a specific engine, not two or more. As
for plugin, it may support multiple engines, but when it gets installed into a specific project,
it’s bound to the only engine used by that project.
I didn’t understand the use case in the situation.

Best Regards,
Sent with Sparrow (