cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: Enhancing serve
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 17:37:01 GMT
Braden wrote:
> Generally speaking, adding new dependencies is fine,
> so long as they aren't too extensive.
> A markdown parser and friendlier JSON parsing are probably fine to add,
> since they're not going to be adding five megs and a dozen transitive deps.

I'll send a pull request for the JSON error reporting sometime soon.

> Those changes look fine to me.

> Do we have a use-case for exposing the $PROJECT/plugins directory?

I don't have a strong use case.

I'm coming from a perspective where I don't know anything about a project.

The reason to expose the plugin list itself was because it seemed useful to know what was
in the project. Then I wondered: what do these plugins do? And noticed that they had README
files. So, mostly it's exposing the directory to expose the Readme files, which admittedly
is fairly weak.

Thinking about the markdown case, I'm going to change the flow a bit. The default served content
should be raw files in case an application actually uses that format. The directory listing
should include a query for markdown files indicating to serve that it should serve the HTML
formatted version instead of raw.

> That made me hesitate a bit,
> though since serve is used for development I don't think it's a problem to be exposing
them.

and may be unlawful.