cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime LUCE <Max...@somatic.fr>
Subject Windows 8.1 and other platform addition
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:54:22 GMT
Hi everyone,

As I said before, I'm working on the Windows 8.1 port of Cordova base on the Windows 8 one.
I sent an email with my first thoughts about the improvements we have to do and there are
few.

In order to make platform addition easier in future, I created and resolved an issue on JIRA
CB-5111 where I improve action-stack module in CLI to remove static platform check which makes
cordova-cli more robust and more dynamic.

In order to develop on CLI and plugman I have to :

*         npm link both

*         use a custom registry to have all plugin up to date with the windows81 platform
configuration

I found some problems in the platform addition workflow :

*         There is no doc to tell us how to develop on cordova-cli and plugman (on plugman
repo, there is a paragraph about this, but I think we must provide one on cordova wiki or
cordova-docs)

*         There is no doc about how to create a custom registry (we have to find in cordova-registry
repo how it work and this a big waste of time)

*         Allow multiple registry in plugman would be a great improvement to help community
plugins integration in plugman

*         Mobile-spec tests are only working for unix based OS, so it can work only for platforms
we can develop on unix. (what about Windows Phone and Windows 8 ?)

I'm doing a lot of hacks to test my new platform on my computer which make me lose my time.
Someone has ideas ?

Cordialement.
Maxime LUCE
maxime@touchit.fr