cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Plugman engine check and WP7/8
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 06:31:42 GMT
Jira issue + fix
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugman/pull/29

Thx!
Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Kim [mailto:timkim85@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 12:48 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Plugman engine check and WP7/8

Howdy all,

I like Carlos' suggestions in this jira ticket for dealing with Windows
scripts:https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5187
Appending a .bat or using cmd /c seem pretty easy fixes in this case. I'm
+1 either way.

I propose to think about 'cordova' engine settings (in default-engines.js)
> as a fallback in case we don't have any platform specific engine for
> some platform. So in case of  engine.attrib["name"] == 'cordova' we
> should check if there is engine with ['cordova-' + platform] name
> first and if it does not exist use 'cordova' engine settings only.
> For example we already do this by the following line, but we need both
> engines (cordova and
> cordova-wp8) specified in plugin.xml file. Thoughts?

The reason for having both cordova and cordova-platform in your plugin.xml engine definition
is so that you can override the base cordova version if a platform needs to have a different
version.

eg,
 <engines>
   <engine name="cordova" version=">=2.7.0" /> // this plugin will work on all platforms
>=2.7.0
   <engine name="cordova-android" version=">=3.0.0" /> // except for android which
needs to be >= 3.0.0  </engines>

// make sure we check for platform req's and not just cordova reqs
>     if(cordovaEngineIndex && cordovaPlatformEngineIndex)
> uncheckedEngines.pop(cordovaEngineIndex);
> PS. Another minor potential issue seems to be in check above;
> cordovaEngineIndex && cordovaPlatformEngineIndex will return false if
> one of indexes is zero (zero is valid/correct index in this context so
> it must be true).

Good catch. The getEngines function could use a refactor.

Are you ok if I create ticket for this specific bug (plugman + wp78) and
> fix it as per steps 1 and 2 above?

I say go for it.
--
Timothy Kim

On 23 October 2013 12:51, Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com> wrote:

> On 10/23/13 2:23 PM, "Carlos Santana" <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Actually just try it out and see that using spawn with "cmd"
> >["/c","cordova/build",...
> >is better option than adding the ".bat" then it covers "build.exe",
> >"build.bat", and "build.cmd" on windows
> >
> >if someone thinks this is bad route, please shime in this jira issue [1]
>
> I'm actually +1 on this approachÅ
>
> [Note: I've become the recognized Windows expert here in under a week]

Timothy Kim