cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject Mobile spec tests and exclusion list
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 20:37:41 GMT
Mobile spec autotests include tests which on some platforms require user interaction to complete.
For example, contact save api on Windows Phone requires user to manually click on save  button.
This prevents the tests to be run as part of Medic test automation since test  app just hangs
on such api calls.

Is Windows Phone special or there are similar problem on other platforms?

I'm thinking about the following possible approaches:
#1 Ad-hoc solution to Medic - replacing some test files as part of Medic functionality (some
additional wp specific build step).
#2 Extending mobile spec functionality- adding something like tests exclusion config where
you can define test ids (or even the whole api) to be skipped. Such exclusion list could be
generated on the fly and put to the app before starting tests.
#3 If there are only few such tests we can probably add check for the current platform to
determine whether to include the test. For example: if(!(window.MedicTestRunner &&
isWP8)) {testDefinition}  Or the same way but inside the test to fail gracefully.

Thoughts?

Thx!
Sergey