cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Smith, Peter" <>
Subject RE: officially supported plugins from the Cordova community
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:49:41 GMT
+1 for some kind of list

Whenever the documented API refers to plugins which are not found in
what I thought was the official set plugins at my brain hurts.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Jong []
Sent: Wednesday, 16 October 2013 5:17 AM
Subject: officially supported plugins from the Cordova community

As we're breaking out and developing more and more plugins, one question
I have been getting is "what is the set of plugins officially supported
by the Cordova community?"  It's unclear to me what defines this set.
Here's how I've been categorizing them.

1) Publicly documented APIs on (Accelerometer,
Compass, etc...).  These plugins fall under the org.apache.cordova

2) plugins not under org.apache.cordova namespace
3) org.apache.cordova plugins under cordova-labs (like the new iOS
keyboard, status bar plugins)

Gray areas
4) Undocumented plugins that were formerly part of the core.  For
example, the console plugin.  This is a org,apache.cordova plugin, but
not documented as part of public APIs.  Also, not all platforms support
it.  Should we support it?  If we support it, should we document the API
in our Cordova docs?

Thoughts?  Should we have a list of supported plugins in our
documentation to point Cordova users to?

-James Jong

View raw message