cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Naik, Archana" <na...@lab126.com>
Subject Introduction and follow-up questions
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:26:30 GMT
Hello, Cordova Devs,

I am a software developer at Lab126 @amazon. I am part of HTML5 WebApp Platform team here.
As some of you might know, amazon recently introduced FireOS for its KindleFire tablets. For
more info please see https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fireos.html
I would like to add FireOS as a platform for Cordova. I have been recently exploring various
cordova's git repositories and plug-in mechanism. Based on my initial readings I have some
ideas but would like to hear if you guys have any better suggestions.

Basically, here is what I am thinking.

1. A new git repo for FireOS which is very similar to cordova-android but with FireOS related
changes. Should I create a new one or would a committer do that?
2. For most plug-ins, add amazon as a platform in plugin.xml but point to android sources
or create a separate source file if required.
3. Update cordova-cli, to add FireOS platform.
4. Update mobile-spec to run the test suite for FireOS.
5. Update documentation across the repos wherever platform is mentioned. (might need help
in finding out places and how to go about it) :)

Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Archana