cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Wilson <twil...@symbeeco.com>
Subject Cordova non-CLI development (was: Re: Updating plugin code on prepare)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:12:51 GMT
So, I was trying to use the Cordova CLI for a real project, using Xcode. As Anis says below,
this should not be done. I tried to adjust things to make it more palatable, but having to
it reset my project view got old real fast.

So today I thought I would go back to the 'old' way of things - bin/create (--shared and --arc
in my case). I cloned the latest Cordova iOS, cd to bin and do a create command of a test
project. Load up the Xcode project file and runs fine. Now the issue: as Anis says below:
"You should be creating a native project and using plugman instead". So I cd to my project
and try to 'plugman install org.apache.cordova.console' so I can get my console.log working.
Problem is that it appears to be designed for the new platform layout, and the bin/create
script does not create it that way.

So, what is the currently recommended method to add plugins to a bin/create-d native project?
It would be great if it worked, but I have a bad feeling...

Thank you,
Tyler