cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tagging 3.1.0 today?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 17:53:19 GMT
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org> wrote:
> 1. Being on your local head does not mean that it's on the head of 3.1.x on
> the remote repo.

The thing is that it was yesterday when I checked the commit log.

> 4. Nobody's doing anything out of spite. If it means that much to you, I'm
> sure people would even agree to move your commit and tag back to the 3.1.0
> branch, and rewrite the history for everyone. (Okay, I'm not *sure*, and it
> sounds like a pain in the ass, but we could do it.)

I honestly don't care.  The bigger issue is that I don't trust the git
repo and I don't trust the other committers to not mess with the git
repo.  Those are some pretty serious problems.  We can go ahead and
build this release, but at this point, I consider the git repository
worthless as far as actually reflecting who did what work.