cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction and follow-up questions
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 15:33:11 GMT
Hey

I'm very unclear as to why it would be similar to cordova-android,
since it sounds like FireOS already has support for a lot of what
Cordova does.  What does the current FireOS WebApp API look like, and
how does it compare to Cordova? I thought they were already very
similar.

Also, would the modifications to cordova-android mean that the WebView
would be based on Chromium builds, and not the awful WebKit that's in
Cordova by default?

Joe

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Naik, Archana <naika@lab126.com> wrote:
> Hello, Cordova Devs,
>
> I am a software developer at Lab126 @amazon. I am part of HTML5 WebApp Platform team
here. As some of you might know, amazon recently introduced FireOS for its KindleFire tablets.
For more info please see https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fireos.html
> I would like to add FireOS as a platform for Cordova. I have been recently exploring
various cordova's git repositories and plug-in mechanism. Based on my initial readings I have
some ideas but would like to hear if you guys have any better suggestions.

> Basically, here is what I am thinking.
>
> 1. A new git repo for FireOS which is very similar to cordova-android but with FireOS
related changes. Should I create a new one or would a committer do that?
> 2. For most plug-ins, add amazon as a platform in plugin.xml but point to android sources
or create a separate source file if required.
> 3. Update cordova-cli, to add FireOS platform.
> 4. Update mobile-spec to run the test suite for FireOS.
> 5. Update documentation across the repos wherever platform is mentioned. (might need
help in finding out places and how to go about it) :)