cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.9.1 Backport release
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:17:54 GMT
There are some 3.0.0 bugs that don't exist in 2.9.0.

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com> wrote:
> On 10/21/13 7:38 PM, "Jesse" <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Having a tonne of fun putting the bunny back in the box.
>>Here is a list of plugin defects [1]  that have been closed between 2.9.0
>>and 3.1.0
>>Please have a look and decide if you think each is worth the effort of
>>backporting.
>>
>>[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-5136
>
> While I don't intend to ever use old versions, here's a short opinion on
> each:
>
> + CB-4656 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4656> ( android )
(Not applicable to 2.9.x, caused by UriResource Bug)

> + CB-4471 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4471> ( android )
(Sadly, this isn't a fix, it's just suppressing the NPE.  This is in
the 2.9.x branch)

> - CB-3569 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3569> ( android )
This still needs to be done.  If someone who is familiar with URI
resolvers want to take a crack at it, that'd be good.

> + CB-4514 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4514> ( android )
This is in 2.9.x

> + CB-4521 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4521> ( android )
This is in 2.9.x

> - CB-4864 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4864> ( android )
This doesn't need to be in 2.9.x

> + CB-3747 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3747> ( android )
> + CB-4858 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4858> ( android )
> + CB-4087 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4087> ( android )
> + CB-4586 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4586> ( android )
InAppBrowser bugs that need to go in.  We should backport InAppBrowser
entirely, but I would like the resolutions fleshed out a bit, since I
have no idea how these were fixed other than the commit.  I couldn't
reproduce the stupid video bug on any of the devices that I tested
this on.

Also, there's JS changes that were made.  Andrew, since you own this
one, can you backport this?

> + CB-3628 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-3628> ( android )
> -- good luck, the bug has no indication of what work was done
This is a 3.x bug only.

I think this exercise shows that we have to be better about write-ups
when we close bugs, or at least better about repro cases and writing
tests.  There's some cases where I have a test, but that test doesn't
have a home because it's Android-Specific so it doesn't belong in
Mobile-Spec, and it's a JS test so it doesn't really belong in the
test directory. :(