cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction and follow-up questions
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:10:25 GMT
It might be worthwhile for me to take a look at the source and see
whether this makes sense as a plugin, or as something derived from the
existing code that installs like a plugin.  Of course, this goes into
the CordovaWebView design and what we expose, so there'll be a lot
more information here.  I would like to support Chromium-based
WebViews, since they seem to be popping up everywhere.

If you send me the GitHub link, I'll take a look at the repo, changes
and see where things go.  This isn't that dis-similar of it being a
fork of Android in this case.

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Naik, Archana <naika@lab126.com> wrote:
> Hi, Andrew
>
> Thanks for the info. I have a github account and will create new repo
> there. Once I am ready, I will let you guys know for review.
> How about existing repos like cordova-cli, cordova-plugman, cordova-docs
> and cordova-plugins? How do I create review-requests for those?
>
> Most of the plugins, I am going to add amazon as a platform but point the
> src to android one. So it is possible to install the plug-in written for
> android onto Fire OS.
> Some of the plugins like InAppBrowser etc..., we have made changes to use
> chromium-based web app runtime. Those will have their src point to amazon
> one. So they will perform better on KindleFire tablets.
>
> Thank you,
> Archana
>

> On 10/3/13 11:08 AM, "Andrew Grieve" <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
>
>>Often how new platforms go, is that you should just make your own git repo
>>for it, and then we can look at copying it into a sanctioned apache repo
>>once some initial progress is made.
>>
>>One thing I think it would be important to consider though, is how close
>>FireOS will be to Android. E.g., would it be at all possible to install a
>>plugin written for android onto FireOS?
>>

>>On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Naik, Archana <naika@lab126.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, Cordova Devs,
>>>
>>> I am a software developer at Lab126 @amazon. I am part of HTML5 WebApp
>>> Platform team here. As some of you might know, amazon recently
>>>introduced
>>> FireOS for its KindleFire tablets. For more info please see
>>> https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fireos.html
>>> I would like to add FireOS as a platform for Cordova. I have been
>>>recently
>>> exploring various cordova's git repositories and plug-in mechanism.
>>>Based
>>> on my initial readings I have some ideas but would like to hear if you
>>>guys
>>> have any better suggestions.
>>>
>>> Basically, here is what I am thinking.
>>>
>>> 1. A new git repo for FireOS which is very similar to cordova-android
>>>but
>>> with FireOS related changes. Should I create a new one or would a
>>>committer
>>> do that?
>>> 2. For most plug-ins, add amazon as a platform in plugin.xml but point
>>> android sources or create a separate source file if required.
>>> 3. Update cordova-cli, to add FireOS platform.
>>> 4. Update mobile-spec to run the test suite for FireOS.