cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: endless recursion on phonegap local plugin add ../..
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 18:38:33 GMT
That misses the point that we'd really rather avoid the complexity of
having to open the plugin.xml in order to copy a plugin.

If you want to package lots of things in with the plugin, including
examples, then I propose structuring it thus:

.git/
docs/
examples/
plugin/
    plugin.xml
    js/
    src/
        android/
        ios/
    assets/
README.md

That is, keep the plugin in a subdirectory. We support subdirs now, so you
can give this as a dependency thus:
<dependency id="some.plugin" url="
https://github.com/shepheb/MyPlugin.git#:plugin" />
where the data after the # is: #gitref:sub/dir

Then your examples can depend on ../plugin and no problem.

Braden