cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: endless recursion on phonegap local plugin add ../..
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:42:20 GMT
The common places to fetch the plugin are over the network, from the plugin
registry or from git. Therefore the tools are expecting to download exactly
the files that are needed by the plugin, plus or minus a README or
whatever. They expect local plugins to be self-contained, in a directory by
themselves.

If this is from an example plugin that is being published, maybe we should
pull the plugin's parts into a "src" or "plugin" directory, that's a
sibling of "examples"? This flow is not supported, and I don't think it's
worth the work involved to go from a dumb copy to a careful copying of
exactly the member files of the plugin.

Braden