cordova-dev mailing list archives

From David Kemp <drk...@chromium.org>
Subject Medic/Buildbot - building release versions
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:40:03 GMT
TL;DR : Android release 3.1 is hard to test again due to added tests (to
master) that fail. patching 3.1 mobile-spec would be a good thing.

Our plan here was to continuously build iOS and Android, both current
release and master (4 builds). To do this we build:
IOS_Master : iOS (master), plugins(dev), mobile-spec(master)
IOS_Release : iOS (3.1), plugins(master), mobile-spec(master)
Android_Master : iOS (master), plugins(dev), mobile-spec(master)
Android_Release : iOS (3.1), plugins(master, mobile-spec(master)

The reason that mobile-spec master is used for release branches is because
the plugins were renamed just before 3.1, but the dependencies listed in
mobile-spec were not updated.
(cordova-mobile-spec/dependencies-plugin/plugin.xml)

To avoid that problem, we switched to testing 3.1 with master mobile-spec.
Until last night that worked.

However, now mobile-spec (master) has new tests added that will always fail
for 3.1.

SO, I would like to patch 3.1 mobilespec with the plugin dependencies from
master.

Any concerns?