cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post 3.1 release committer & community meeting
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:20:33 GMT
My responses are inline

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Mike Billau <mike.billau@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. I ended up skipping my Spanish class and signing onto the Youtube
> broadcast. I took some longer note, feel free to skim through:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IVyfFZ-kCIkg1Cnftxfm3viXHpxpJ2zdVa8B1CK0qU0/(Was
> going to paste them but they turned out a lot longer than I
> remembered...)
>
> I wanted to summarize the few unresolved issues from the hangout:
>
>     1. We agreed to publish the snapshot of which plugins were tested at
> which cadence release. Where are we going to publish this? Will it be part
> of some .json file?
>         - What about just tagging the plugin repos?
>

>From my understanding, this will be apart of the release blog post we do.

>     2. Did not really figure out the problem with core and non core
> plugins, how much support to offer, and where to do issue tracking.
>         - Seems like plugin authors should solve this
>         - For our plugins, We can use Github issue tracking
>         - Expecting email about this

Our plugin issue tracking will still be on jira. Only the websql plugin
might move because we don't want to maintain it due to various reasons.

>     3. Registry issues
>         - Encourage 3rd party registries or not?
>         - Just going to doc the registry for now and later when it's ready
> do more announcing and doc'ing

Our registry is going to get rewritten over the next few weeks to include a
lot of the changes we discussed (stats, readme for plugins, repo, issue
tracker).
Someone interested in dealing with 3rd party registries can comment about
that part.

>     4. Doc issues
>         - Didn't talk about doc migration but need to
>         - Not sure how docs will be released but currently it's a bad
> process
>         - Mike Seirra recently wrote up some doc milestones and planning,
> maybe we should discuss on that thread

Michael Brooks will be back from Vacation next week. He can discuss the doc
refactor if he is still interested in leading it.

> Sorry I missed you guys yesterday!
>
> Mike Billau
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > My Short notes from meeting, longer emails to follow about some of
> these
> > > topics:
> > >
> > > ================================
> > >
> > > CI/Medic brief description
> > >

> > > Summarize Mike's CordovaTests prototype
> > >
> > > -- Looks good, but do we support plugin.xml <mode>?
> > >
> > > -- Jesse's alternative: test/ folder to have a plugin.xml that
> <depends>
> > > on top level, installed optionally
> > >

> > > Plugin download counts, yay!
> > >
> > > -- How to filter out contributor download counts?  Repeat download
> > counts?
> > >
> > > -- What about system cookies curl-style, or some other system
> > > fingerprinting to plugman?
> > >

> > > 2.9.x (and 3.2?)
> > >
> > > -- 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 etc will be released on cadence schedule
> > >
> > > -- Steven is starting the 3.2 release next week
> > >
> > I think 2.9.1 is next week. And 3.2 whenever we get that done.
> >
> > > -- We continue to release monthly for now, even if very little work on
> > > platforms.  Try to make the flow fast enough to not be a pain
> > >

> > > Plugin dependancies versions
> > >
> > > -- How to know which plugin versions tested?  (Braden's "info" command)
> > >
> > > -- how to make non backwards compatible changes?
> > >
> > > -- can't depend on specific version because we cannot install more than
> > > one plugin-version
> > >
> > > -- perhaps always use "latest" supported, but then plugins can't update
> > > MAJOR outside of CadVer updates?
> > >

> > > Splitting cordova-cli into cordova-lib
> > >
> > > -- SemVer and CadVer for downstream
> > >
> > > -- mobile-chrome-apps would like this, and Jeffrey Heifetz says BB is
> > > interested (phonegap-cli likely too)
> > >
> > > -- Andrew to email about exactly what he means

> agrieve@chromium.org

> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/a8df1213897c69821d177842af7d2bfbf948ef2b

> Regus

> > the

> > mmocny@chromium.org>

It was implied

<
> > mmocny@chromium.org>

> time.

here at 5:30 and
> > post
those who want to
use the
> viewing-only

Holmquist <

sign up sheet like
> last
about the times
Mocny <

Lucas Holmquist <

like last time
AM, Michal Mocny <

at 2:11 PM, James Jong <

direction on medic & CI

11:30 AM, Andrew Grieve <

this Thursday! What do people want
us going:

download counts (Are these available
from cordova-cli on NPM
on cordova-cli-lib)
on CDVTest

at 4:16 PM, Michal Mocny <

like Thu 17 is the clear winner, with
> > not
about that time.

make it until 6pm EST, but I'm going to
the inevitable hiccups and introductions
> > and
 It will very likely be 6pm before we
> get

out exact details on this thread the day
> > of,

7, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Michal Mocny <

are updated for the poll (

who filled it out, sorry, you will need to
> > do

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Michal Mocny <

Sorry that was a misreading of course. I'll set
> > up
morning.
1:52 AM, "Tommy Williams" <

+1 for post 16th for Joe availability.

Also, thanks for thinking of Australia... One
> > benefit

year,

the nasty time difference just got an hour better

- tommy

On 5 Oct 2013 08:33, "Jesse" <

I filled it out, however, Joe is not available
> > until

Maybe

we should aim for the 16-18th as a window.

@purplecabbage

risingj.com

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Michal Mocny <

wrote:

http://www.doodle.com/2pmy2ptafmxsrna2

I put a lot of options for time (sorry) since I

should

be

europe or australia friendly this time.

There are also three options this time: yes,
> > (yes),

middle

option is supposed to be a "prefer not, but if
> > need

-Michal

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Michal Mocny <

wrote:

11-15 sounds like the range to shoot for.  I'll
> > set

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Joe Bowser <

I'm unavailable until after the 15th. I'll be