cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Tagging 3.1.0 today?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 17:48:18 GMT
1. Being on your local head does not mean that it's on the head of 3.1.x on
the remote repo.

2. Nobody's getting thrown under a bus. Nobody started shouting "OMG Joe
broke everything!". It looks like you tagged 3.1.0, and your tag was
somehow not on the remote branch, and then Andrew tagged 3.1.0 because your
change wasn't visible.

3. If you tag a commit and push the tag, the commit gets pushed, and the
tag gets pushed, but the remote branch doesn't get updated automatically.
The new commit is *not* on the remote branch, even if it's on your local
branch.

4. Nobody's doing anything out of spite. If it means that much to you, I'm
sure people would even agree to move your commit and tag back to the 3.1.0
branch, and rewrite the history for everyone. (Okay, I'm not *sure*, and it
sounds like a pain in the ass, but we could do it.)