cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: create and override of default template
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:46:25 GMT
On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Ray Camden <raycamde@adobe.com> wrote:

> I disagree completely. Why does cordova need to know about the platform?
> Right now when I make a virgin project, before I add *any* platform, there
> is a default project created. All we want (well, ok, all I want ;) is the
> ability to override that so I can have a ³blank² project as opposed to the
> hello world one. This is not project specific at all. Certainly after I
> create the project I¹ll add a platform or two, but this should be done on
> initial platform creation.

That's a different template, Ray. (I can see where the confusion comes from
now)

The documentation that you mentioned in your initial email was about a new
feature used by the platform scripts, to override the default platform code
template.

That template includes code that is specific to each platform, handling
things like bringing up the main application window, native UI callbacks,
implementing delegate methods, etc.

It sounds like what you're looking for is to replace, at project creation
time, the cross-platform web application template that gets installed (and
currently says something like "Hello, Cordova").

That is absolutely something that the CLI should be able to do, independent
of any specific platform. If there's not already a JIRA issue for it, we
should make one.

Ian