cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@google.com>
Subject Re: config.xml discussion, we need to talk
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 13:20:14 GMT
Legacy, though, sounds like it's something that we're actively moving away
from; something that we support only grudgingly, and which we might
deprecate at the drop of a hat.
The platform-only workflow supports legitimate use-cases which CLI probably
will never cover -- things like embedding a cordova web view inside of a
larger platform-native project.

The major difference I see with CLI is that it encourages the "Your cordova
web view *IS* your application" mindset. (And if that's true, then why
wouldn't you aim for cross-platform development?) The pre-CLI workflow is
still the way to build all other sorts of applications.

Ian

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:30 PM, purplecabbage <purplecabbage@gmail.com>wrote:

> I like merge-flow and legacy-flow
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 18, 2013, at 6:59 PM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Cross Platform -> use Merge Flow
> >
> > Single Platform -> use Legacy Flow
> >
> > Using "Multi Platform or Cross Platform" is also fine
> >
> > Using "Flow or Mode" is also fine
> >

> >> On Friday, October 18, 2013, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> >>
> >> Ya, to me the difference is that one workflow embraces the native
> platform
> >> and tooling (plugman and bin/scripts) while the other focuses on
> building a
> >> web project (cli/merges/etc).
> >>
> >> As a dev, if I'm ONLY worried about one platform (like a Cordova
> >> implementor or many of our community folk) then bin/scripts suffices. As
> >> soon as I'm concerned with more than one platform the CLI workflows kick
> >> in. That was the use case anyhow.

> >> Development

> and
> modifications