cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: www/config.xml plugin dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 17:42:24 GMT
Yes. Currently we are adding plugin be hand.
The problem is that we have a distributes developer team. So when the UI
developers change something in www to require a plugin and merge that with
master; then when the other developers pull master again the plugin is
missing and the Application hangs.
This has led to some frustration and wasted time.

I think it would really help if www - developers could express a dependency
on plugins so that the next
    phonegap local android build
updates to the now missing plugins...

cheers
Axel

2013/10/21 Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org>

> I don't think that we have "app dependencies" in Cordova (yet). If your app
> depends on a plugin, then you should install that plugin.
>
> Either "cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.globalization" or "plugman
> install org.apache.cordova.globalization" (not sure about the command line
> params there) should add the plugin and modify your config.xml file
> appropriately.
>
> If you're concerned about automation / distribution, and want a simple way
> to declare all of your app's dependent plugins, rather than just
> documenting them, then you can use the technique that mobile-spec uses[1]:
> Create a "dependency-only plugin" which just lists all of the plugins on
> which your app depends, and as part of your create step, install that
> single plugin. Cordova will then recursively install all of the
> dependencies listed in it.
>
> [1]
>
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec/tree/master/dependencies-plugin
>

> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM, <Axel.Nennker@telekom.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > the docs in
> >
> https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.1.0/config_ref_index.md.html#The%20config.xml%20Filesaythat
the feature element is only for the platform specific config.xml