cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Mobilespec / CI / version problems
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:57:16 GMT
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:47 AM, David Kemp <drkemp@google.com> wrote:

> <bump>
>
> With the release, its been a bit busy, but this issue needs some love.
>
> Note that someone else has commented on the same problem from a different
> angle (not mobilespec)
>         [Commented] (CB-4889)  ~ 3am this morning
>
> The renaming of plugins created a hole and there are a couple possible
> resolutions.
>
> to help out in a general way (not mobilespec)
> 1) smack a tag into the git repos for 3.0.x just in front of the name
> change. I think you can still do that?
> 2) publish plugins under the old name. might work if you use new tools with
> a 3.0 project
> 3) document the bug and tell people using 3.0 to switch to 3.1 or update
> the plugin name references in their project

I think we (3) document the change, but it shouldn't mean you cannot use
3.0.  You should be able to use 3.0 with the new plugin names, unless they
actually have non 3.0 compatible changes (which I think is not the case
except for Echo plugin which no one but mobilespec should be using).

> to fix mobilespec:
> 1) #1 above works
> 2) re-release mobilespec for 3.0.x

(2) is my preference.  I don't think future versions of mobile-spec should
necessarily work well with older platforms.  The mobile-spec tied to the
platform cad-version should be run instead.  This is still useful to test
the ever-changing plugins to make sure they are compatible, and right not
they are not since we introduced a backward-incompatible change to the ID.
 If we do with (3) above, then I think we need to update mobile-spec to use
the new ID much like we will advise users to do.

> 3) patch the ios project for 3.0.x to finish removing the Echo plugin files
> so you can build 3.0.x with the 3.1.x mobilespec
>
> Thoughts?
>

> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM, David Kemp <drkemp@google.com> wrote:
>
> > Just for clarification...
> >
> > Testing 3.1.x works fine using 3.1 platforms, 3.1 mobilespec, and master
> > plugins.
> > Testing 'HEAD' works fine using master platforms, master mobilespec, and
> > dev plugins.
> >
> > Thats all as expected.
> >
> > Up until a week ago, you could test 3.0.x using 3.0.x platforms, 3.0.x
> > mobilespec, and master plugins.
> > That no longer works.
> >

> > On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Aren't we testing 3.1.0 with the tests that were tagged in 3.1.0?
> >> Testing with 3.0.0 tests seems like you'll always have failing tests,
> >> since ideally the tests should have been added with the bug (although
> >> I don't know where to put platform-specific mobile-spec tests, the
> >> don't really have a home and people get upset when I check them in.)

> >> previously
> references
> >> in

> if