cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: www/config.xml plugin dependencies
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:15:23 GMT
Maybe we do just go the npm style route.

cordova plugin add (without ID) -> reads deps from config and installs them.
cordova plugin add --save-deps ID -> adds plugin and adds to config
cordova plugin add --save-deps (without ID)-> takes installed plugins and
adds to deps

something like that?

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com> wrote:

> A MUST would be strong I think. Although the two ways don't mix well.
> Using dependency and plugin-add simultaneously is probably wrong.
> So plugin-add could look for www/config.xml dependency elements and suggest
> to continue to use them if one is found. If none is found then it adds the
> plugin.
>
> Updating plugins during create/prepare would be a good start.
> Plugins could be removed when the subdirs of the plugins directory and the
> dependency elements indicate it.
>
> Axel
>  Am 21.10.2013 20:35 schrieb "Michal Mocny" <mmocny@chromium.org>:
>
> > We've discussed adding <dependancy> to app's config.xml, but its
> > interesting that you intend to have that work during build/prepare step.
> >  Previously I think this was discussed in terms of "cordova create" only,
> > which wouldn't satisfy your use case.  I think your use case is quite
> > valid, but now im concerned about how to support removed <dependancy>
> over
> > time, or manually installed plugins that arent in <dependancy> list...
> >
> > Maybe every plugin installed/removed *must* be reflected in the app's
> > config.xml?
> >
> > -Michal
> >

> > On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Axel Nennker <ignisvulpis@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Yes. Currently we are adding plugin be hand.
> > > The problem is that we have a distributes developer team. So when the
> UI
> > > developers change something in www to require a plugin and merge that
> > with
> > > master; then when the other developers pull master again the plugin is
> > > missing and the Application hangs.
> > > This has led to some frustration and wasted time.
> > >
> > > I think it would really help if www - developers could express a
> > dependency
> > > on plugins so that the next
> > >     phonegap local android build
> > > updates to the now missing plugins...
> > >
> > > cheers
> > > Axel

> your
> > > app

> > "plugman
> > > line

> simple
> > > way
> > > uses[1]:
> > on

> https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec/tree/master/dependencies-plugin

> https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.1.0/config_ref_index.md.html#The%20config.xml%20Filesaythatthefeatureelement
is only for the platform specific config.xml