cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tagging 3.1.0 today?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 19:30:48 GMT
I don't think Apache is breaking Git, it's just git. This has happened
before, where I commented on the ML about a tag that had the tagged commit
missing from any of the branches (I believe it was from a tag from Tim, not
calling you out here Tim, but just for precedence purposes as a concrete
example for this current issue).

I hadn't updated my local cordova-android repo since yesterday. I see that
a commit by Joe Bowser with subject "Tagging 3.1.0" with
hash 6f17e9fc9cd27f031d94d67fe118008d5f6ec5b3 - this was from the 3.1.0
tag. I searched using git for any local or remote branches (my last Apache
fetch) and it did not contain the commit.

$ git branch --contains 6f17e9fc9cd27f031d94d67fe118008d5f6ec5b3 (for local
branches)
$ git branch -a --contains 6f17e9fc9cd27f031d94d67fe118008d5f6ec5b3  (for
remote branches)

Thus, when someone pulled down the 3.1.x branch, it did not contain your
commit. I assume, based on looking at the 3.1.x branch, and not seeing it
tagged, that person then tagged it, and it appeared that your commit was
removed. The evidence strongly suggests otherwise, imo.

I have zipped up my local repo and can provide it to anyone if they want to
take a look.