cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: replacing webviews
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:19:09 GMT
Remember too that an early goal of the thing formerly known as PhoneGap was
to go way. We explicitly choose to not ship our own browser b/c we want
developers to have a migration path back to the web proper (as rendered in
web browsers) meaning that while, yes, there is more surface to content
with it is not more than you'd have to live through where you shipping for
the web.

We already are sort of our own weird user agent and I'd rather more
diversity in rendering options than less. Embedding a version of Chrome or
even Geckoview on Android is definitely in our sights and I would LOVE it
if we had that same freedom (right?) to ship similar to iOS.

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbondc@gdesolutions.com