cordova-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Post 3.1 release committer & community meeting
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 23:15:56 GMT
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> My Short notes from meeting, longer emails to follow about some of these
> topics:
>
> ================================
>
> CI/Medic brief description
>
>
> Summarize Mike's CordovaTests prototype
>
> -- Looks good, but do we support plugin.xml <mode>?
>
> -- Jesse's alternative: test/ folder to have a plugin.xml that <depends>
> on top level, installed optionally
>
>
> Plugin download counts, yay!
>
> -- How to filter out contributor download counts?  Repeat download counts?
>
> -- What about system cookies curl-style, or some other system
> fingerprinting to plugman?
>
>
> 2.9.x (and 3.2?)
>
> -- 2.9.1 and 2.9.2 etc will be released on cadence schedule
>
> -- Steven is starting the 3.2 release next week
>
I think 2.9.1 is next week. And 3.2 whenever we get that done.

> -- We continue to release monthly for now, even if very little work on
> platforms.  Try to make the flow fast enough to not be a pain
>
>
> Plugin dependancies versions
>
> -- How to know which plugin versions tested?  (Braden's "info" command)
>
> -- how to make non backwards compatible changes?
>
> -- can't depend on specific version because we cannot install more than
> one plugin-version
>
> -- perhaps always use "latest" supported, but then plugins can't update
> MAJOR outside of CadVer updates?
>
>
> Splitting cordova-cli into cordova-lib
>
> -- SemVer and CadVer for downstream
>
> -- mobile-chrome-apps would like this, and Jeffrey Heifetz says BB is
> interested (phonegap-cli likely too)
>
> -- Andrew to email about exactly what he means
>
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>wrote:
>
>> And here's the viewing link!
>>
>> http://youtu.be/X3bUWVHeJJ0
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Also, if you're having trouble connecting, I'll be on IRC.
>> >
>> >
>> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:22 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org
>> >wrote:
>> >
>> >> Okay, for those who want to be able to talk:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/a8df1213897c69821d177842af7d2bfbf948ef2b
>> >>
>> >> I'll post the viewing link closer to 5:30
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >>
>> >>> I meant that we'll be using my laptop here in Vancouver at the Regus
>> >>> space.  Who is hosting the hangout?
>> >>>
>> >>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >>> > So, can I get an invite to the hangout? I'll be hosting it from
the
>> >>> > Regus space in Vancouver.
>> >>> >
>> >>> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >> EST.
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:05 PM, purplecabbage <
>> >>> purplecabbage@gmail.com>wrote:
>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>> What time zone is this 5:30 PM occurring in? It was implied
>> earlier
>> >>> that
>> >>> >>> this was EST, but not absolutely stated.
>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> Sent from my iPhone
>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> > On Oct 17, 2013, at 7:39 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> > I don't know that the invite list was super useful
last time.
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> > We will post the URL to the public stream here at
5:30 and post
>> >>> >>> > instructions on how to join the stream for those who
want to
>> >>> speak.  Once
>> >>> >>> > again we will be limited to 10, so please use the
viewing-only
>> >>> option if
>> >>> >>> > you can.
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> > -Michal
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> > On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Lucas Holmquist
<
>> >>> lholmqui@redhat.com
>> >>> >>> >wrote:
>> >>> >>> >
>> >>> >>> >> Nope,  just wondering if there was a sign up sheet
like last
>> >>> time,  i
>> >>> >>> >> didn't see one other than the doodle about the
times
>> >>> >>> >>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Michal Mocny
<
>> mmocny@chromium.org>
>> >>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> >>> Yes, is that a concern?
>> >>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> >>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM, Lucas Holmquist
<
>> >>> lholmqui@redhat.com
>> >>> >>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> >>>> will this also be a hangout like last
time
>> >>> >>> >>>>> On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Michal
Mocny <
>> >>> mmocny@chromium.org>
>> >>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>> Reminder, this is today.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:11 PM,
James Jong <
>> >>> wjamesjong@gmail.com>
>> >>> >>> >>>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> - Latest updates / strategic direction
on medic & CI
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> -James Jong
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> On Oct 15, 2013, at 11:30 AM,
Andrew Grieve <
>> >>> agrieve@chromium.org>
>> >>> >>> >>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> This is coming up this Thursday!
What do people want to
>> talk
>> >>> about?
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> Here's
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> a couple to get us going:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> - Plugin registry download
counts (Are these available
>> yet)
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> - Idea: Split cordova-cli-lib
from cordova-cli on NPM
>> (have
>> >>> >>> >> cordova-cli
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> and
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> phonegap-cli depend on cordova-cli-lib)
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> - Michal's work on CDVTest
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:16
PM, Michal Mocny <
>> >>> mmocny@google.com>
>> >>> >>> >>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> Alright, Looks like Thu
17 is the clear winner, with not
>> a
>> >>> single
>> >>> >>> >>>> person
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> having any complaints
about that time.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> Brian cannot make it until
6pm EST, but I'm going to
>> >>> schedule
>> >>> >>> start
>> >>> >>> >>>> time
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> for 5:30 for the inevitable
hiccups and introductions and
>> >>> any
>> >>> >>> agenda
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> overview etc.  It will
very likely be 6pm before we get
>> >>> into the
>> >>> >>> >> thick
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> of
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> things.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> We will send out exact
details on this thread the day of,
>> >>> See you
>> >>> >>> >> all
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> then.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> -Michal
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at
1:05 PM, Michal Mocny <
>> >>> mmocny@google.com>
>> >>> >>> >>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>> Okay, options are
updated for the poll (
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> http://doodle.com/2pmy2ptafmxsrna2
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>> )
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>> For those who filled
it out, sorry, you will need to do
>> it
>> >>> again.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>> On Sun, Oct 6, 2013
at 7:27 PM, Michal Mocny <
>> >>> mmocny@google.com>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>> Ugh Sorry that
was a misreading of course. I'll set up
>> a
>> >>> new
>> >>> >>> >> doodle
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>> tomorrow morning.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>> On 2013-10-06
1:52 AM, "Tommy Williams" <
>> >>> tommy@devgeeks.org>
>> >>> >>> >> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> +1 for post
16th for Joe availability.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> Also, thanks
for thinking of Australia... One benefit
>> of
>> >>> the
>> >>> >>> time
>> >>> >>> >>>> of
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> year,
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> the nasty
time difference just got an hour better
>> >>> today...
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> - tommy
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> On 5 Oct
2013 08:33, "Jesse" <
>> purplecabbage@gmail.com>
>> >>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> I filled
it out, however, Joe is not available until
>> >>> after the
>> >>> >>> >>>> 15th.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> Maybe
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> we should
aim for the 16-18th as a window.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> @purplecabbage
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> risingj.com
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri,
Oct 4, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Michal Mocny <
>> >>> >>> >> mmocny@chromium.org
>> >>> >>> >>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.doodle.com/2pmy2ptafmxsrna2
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> I
put a lot of options for time (sorry) since I
>> wasn't
>> >>> sure
>> >>> >>> if
>> >>> >>> >> we
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> should
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> be
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> europe
or australia friendly this time.
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> There
are also three options this time: yes, (yes),
>> >>> no, where
>> >>> >>> >> the
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> middle
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> option
is supposed to be a "prefer not, but if need
>> >>> be, fine"
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> -Michal
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>> On
Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM, Michal Mocny <
>> >>> >>> >>>> mmocny@chromium.org>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
11-15 sounds like the range to shoot for.  I'll set
>> >>> up a
>> >>> >>> >>>> doodle..
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Joe Bowser <
>> >>> >>> bowserj@gmail.com
>> >>> >>> >>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I'm unavailable until after the 15th. I'll be at
>> Big
>> >>> >>> Android
>> >>> >>> >>>>>>>> BBQ.
>> >>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>> >>
>> >>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message