cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: So, what to do about storage issues?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 18:45:45 GMT
Tried out your sample. Certainly shows the problem well.

After more playing, I know more about the problem than I think I'd like :P.

It's not that you can't open multiple databases, it's that you can create
only one database. What I mean is, if you ever restart the app and use a
different name for the database, it will fail as well.

The only way I could get it to work was to use sqlite3 on the native side
to pre-create a second database. If you do that, then you can open multiple
at a time. I did it by changing the db path to /sdcard/dbs and using adb to
move the files back and forth to my computer.

So... I don't think I'm going to invest any more time into this. I just
added caveats to the websql README about not being able to open multiple
databases. If you really can't live without this feature, you might try
writing a plugin that pre-creates a database for you so that you can later
open it with openDatabase()