cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: third-party cordova plugin registry
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 23:08:16 GMT
Should 3rd party plugin registries be encouraged or not? I personally would
like to see more of them but I do not think we are technically supporting
them enough. Introducing a new registry to plugman/cli is done through
config.js. I guess the first problem is that "it is done through config.js"
rather than a CLI parameter.

And even through config.js it is basically replacing the registry rather
than introducing a new one. This is somewhat limiting if a plugin
dependency is done through plugin ids (registry based ). The current
implementation limits plugins to have registry based dependencies from the
same repo that they are pulled in from.

And I think this is related to the officially supported plugins discussion
as well. I think the plugins that "cordova community" (take community in
its largest form here) provides with a reasonable quality and support
should be in cordova registry. The other experimental stuff should live
elsewhere but be easily consumable for the brave.
--
Gorkem