cordova-dev mailing list archives

From James Jong <wjamesj...@gmail.com>
Subject officially supported plugins from the Cordova community
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:17:26 GMT
As we're breaking out and developing more and more plugins, one question I have been getting
is "what is the set of plugins officially supported by the Cordova community?"  It's unclear
to me what defines this set.  Here's how I've been categorizing them.

Supported
1) Publicly documented APIs on cordova.apache.org/docs (Accelerometer, Compass, etc…).
These plugins fall under the org.apache.cordova namespace.

Unsupported
2) plugins not under org.apache.cordova namespace
3) org.apache.cordova plugins under cordova-labs (like the new iOS keyboard, status bar plugins)

Gray areas
4) Undocumented plugins that were formerly part of the core.  For example, the console plugin.
 This is a org,apache.cordova plugin, but not documented as part of public APIs.  Also, not
all platforms support it.  Should we support it?  If we support it, should we document the
API in our Cordova docs?

Thoughts?  Should we have a list of supported plugins in our documentation to point Cordova
users to?

-James Jong