cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tyler Wilson <>
Subject Re: Cordova non-CLI development (was: Re: Updating plugin code on prepare)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:20:10 GMT
Sorry, I sent too soon. I had not put the right params to the command. It appears to be working
fine. Nothing to see here..

- Tyler

On Oct 8, 2013, at 12:12 PM, Tyler Wilson <> wrote:

> So, I was trying to use the Cordova CLI for a real project, using Xcode. As Anis says
below, this should not be done. I tried to adjust things to make it more palatable, but having
to go back to a console window to 'cordova prepare iOS' every time to copy the files and have
it reset my project view got old real fast.
> So today I thought I would go back to the 'old' way of things - bin/create (--shared
and --arc in my case). I cloned the latest Cordova iOS, cd to bin and do a create command
of a test project. Load up the Xcode project file and runs fine. Now the issue: as Anis says
below: "You should be creating a native project and using plugman instead". So I cd to my
project and try to 'plugman install org.apache.cordova.console' so I can get my console.log
working. Problem is that it appears to be designed for the new platform layout, and the bin/create
script does not create it that way.
> So, what is the currently recommended method to add plugins to a bin/create-d native
project? It would be great if it worked, but I have a bad feeling...