cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lucas Holmquist <lholm...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Plugin Generator
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:24:33 GMT
So i've started some work on adding a "create" command to plugman w.r.t this JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4886

what i was thinking for workflow would be :

$ plugman create --name "PluginName" --plugin_id "The PluginID" --plugin_version "the plugin
version" --variable description="Some Cool Description"

You could add multiple variables such as author and license

The result would be a basic file structure set up, with a base JS file, and a very basic plugin.xml
setup.

Then to add a platform,  there could be another command, which i'm having a hard time naming,
like this

$ plugman platform --platform_name=ios

Then this would scaffold out some basic .h and .m files and add the "platform" tag to the
plugin.xml

Android would do android specific stuff, etc…

This should also probably be

$ plugman platform --add ….

or

$ plugman platform --remove …

but i haven't gotten that far yet.

I've updated my yeoman generator to use plugman behind the scenes and also to use my fork
with these new changes

here is my current fork for yeoman https://github.com/lholmquist/cordova-plugman/tree/for_yeoman

i still need to add tests,  just wanted to see the thoughts first

Here is a shameless plug for my blog where i go into a bit more detail:  http://blog.lholmquist.org/cordova/phonegap/yeoman/plugman/2013/10/03/plugin-generator/