cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CommitterWorkflow
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:12:25 GMT
The recent thread on the "Native Platform dev vs Web Project dev" workflows seems to have some
application here. If the Apache Way is to distribute source (not saying it is a frequent way,
but should be a supported way), then there isn't much documentation on how to get it up and
running as Josh describes below. There is a workflow that isn't documented.

Would it make sense to have verbage in cordova-docs that describes that process in a more
consumery way than http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/WorkingWithThree ? Perhaps titled "Building
Cordova from Source". Then the user can jump into the "Native Platform vs Web Project" flows.

If there are +1's, then I can create a Jira item.

On Oct 21, 2013, at 1:53 PM, Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com> wrote:

> I'm specifically looking for a process which explains how to start from nothing and download
the latest git repos (how does one even figure out which git repos to get) such that one can
run all the "release tests" for a "platform" in order to send an email saying that the platform+cli
is good for release <cadence>.