cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Kerri Shotts <kerrisho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replacing webviews
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 15:44:03 GMT
Pretty sure Apple would frown on this and reject the apps out-of-hand, seeing as they don't
permit any third party browser to use anything but the built-in rendering engine. (Opera Mini
is a special case here - last I knew it was essentially doing the rendering back-end and passing
the image to the user, which means no on-device rendering at all).

Plus, don't forget the increase in app sizes such a thing would bring -- it's not as critical
now that Apple lets users on cellular download apps up to 100mb, but still something to think
about.

All that said, iOS 7 has done some good things and some really lousy things wrt to the web
views. Sigh. :-(

___________________________________
Kerri Shotts
photoKandy Studios, LLC