cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: config.xml discussion, we need to talk
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:37:47 GMT
On Thu Sep 26 11:32 AM, Carlos Santana wrote:
> Branden,
>    "On Android, it's really easy to load XML files from res/xml/foo.xml, so that's
> where we put it."
>
> Easy for who?
> I think is difficult for web developer to not find it in www/config.xml and start
> searching for it

But config.xml has nothing to do with an HTML5 application, it's a cordova specific thing
(hybrid app config).

It's nice to have it align with the w3c spec for widgets but we're talking about 2 different
things:
- Hybrid application configuration (which may have enable platform specific features)
- HTML5 application configuration (~ w3c widget spec which I'm personally not a fan)
The scope of the HTML5 app configuration IMHO is outside of cordova and certainly up for debate.