cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Smith, Peter" <pet...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: When to do "Official Apache Releases"
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:24:28 GMT
+1. We have same scenario described by Marcel below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Kinard [mailto:cmarcelk@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 10 September 2013 11:21 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: When to do "Official Apache Releases"

+1 to still do these for each cadence release.

I'm in a somewhat unique situation where Cordova gets bundled as a
downstream distribution into a vendor product. The vendor product uses
the Cordova native platforms and core plugins that get embedded in the
product, the product doesn't fetch any code from git or npm. And the
product itself doesn't get installed in an npm-like way.  There isn't
dynamic updates or dependency fetching. As we bundle those downstream
distributions, I'm very used to using the official apache release
tarballs.

I'm fine with it being just the native platforms and docs. We don't
embed the Cordova docs in the product, we just link out to
cordova.apache.org/docs.

And it would feel weird for an Apache project to not publish source
releases.

I nobody else wants to invest the time to publish an official apache
release to dist.apache.org, then I can own that.

-- Marcel