cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Smith, Peter" <pet...@fast.au.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: 2.9.0 Support
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 00:29:33 GMT
Back when we adopted 2.9.0 we were a bit apprehensive about early
adoption of 3.x, so were quite encouraged to read:

"We understand and respect that there is a huge community of projects
built on PhoneGap 2.0 series and we will continue to support 2.x in a
long lived branch."
http://phonegap.com/blog/2013/06/20/coming-soon-phonegap30/

At the time it seemed quite clear there would be a 2.9.1, but now it is
not clear at all...

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: mmocny@google.com [mailto:mmocny@google.com] On Behalf Of Michal
Mocny
Sent: Friday, 27 September 2013 5:24 AM
To: dev; bowserj@apache.org
Subject: Re: 2.9.0 Support

Sounds less than ideal to have to backport, given that we still support
the old workflow with 3.0.

However, I think we did discuss keeping 2.9 maintained while we iron out
3.0 issues.  I think we should drop 2.9 as soon as users run out of
*valid* reasons for not upgrading to 3.0, right?

What do users say when you suggest moving to 3.x to get the bugfix?

-Michal