cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ray Camden <>
Subject Re: Serve vs. opening an HTML file in the browser
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:08:01 GMT
Ok, forgive me if I did something stupid here.

I cloned I
did configure, jake, and then in Chrome I installed the unpacked
extension. I chose pkg/chrome.extension. Of the three folders I assume
that is the right one.

I then made a new project as described below, and run ripple from
/whereIclone/bin/ripple and I get this in terminal:

INFO: Server instance running on: http://localhost:4400
INFO: CORS XHR proxy service on: http://localhost:4400/ripple/xhr_proxy
INFO: JSONP XHR proxy service on:

I then tried to hit localhost:4400 and I get "Cannot GET /".

On 9/2/13 8:32 PM, "Gord Tanner" <> wrote:

>Good news!
>I have a branch that is booting projects made with cordova 3.0 [1].
>It is basically a stripped down platform and I tested it booting a project
>with android and ios.
>To run:
>> cordova create Baz
>> cordova platform add android
>> cordova prepare
>> ripple emulate
>(make sure you pick cordova 3.0.0)
>I was noticing that when I ran cordova serve android it wouldn't have the
>cordova_plugins.js file.
>Next Steps:
>- audit API's that are emulated and ensure they are up to spec (most are
>just using the 2.0 emulated versions)
>- reintegrate with cordova cli.
>Let me know if you take this for a test drive and have any problems.
>[1] -
>On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Ray Camden <> wrote:
>> On 8/27/13 11:41 PM, "Gord Tanner" <> wrote:
>> >
>> >I think with some tweaks we could have ripple working on all platform
>> >cordova.js files again.  I am going to need to version out a new
>> >for cordova to handle the updated hacks and overrides to boot each
>> >platform
>> >cleanly but doesn't seem like an impossible task.
>> If you need someone to help test, just let me know.
>> -rc

View raw message