cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] The state of WebSQL on Android 4.x
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:31:35 GMT
Ok, We've been ignoring this for quite a while, but it's not going away:

There's still people who want to use WebSQL, and WebSQL is still
totally broken.  Part of the reason it's broken is the fact that
Android prevents us from using the official WebSQL API on file URIs,
and that we have a nasty collision with the official API on Android.

So, what should we do?
1. Use a custom URI scheme?
2. Fix the JS so it aliases the existing WebSQL, and keep using our
own WebSQL plugin.
3. Just say it's deprecated and leave it at that?

If we say we're tossing WebSQL by the wayside, what do we support
instead?  Seriously, what do people think of this, because I'm not
sure what we should do here.

Joe