cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: config.xml discussion, we need to talk
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 15:53:52 GMT
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Carlos Santana <csantana23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Branden,
>    "On Android, it's really easy to load XML files from res/xml/foo.xml,
> so that's where we put it."
>
> Easy for who?

Easy for anyone who has to actually maintain this.  We have to do this
on startup, and adding extra code to unzip the jar just to get the
config.xml is not something that I want to do, especially since this
can slow down the PluginManager and make Cordova slower.

There's a point where making things easier for the Web Developer will
make the app suck more.  I honestly think that we should focus on
actually enabling developers to make apps that don't suck, which means
that delays for deviceReady for things like this don't belong here.
We have more than enough already.