cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Major refactoring of Plugman and CLI
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 18:20:22 GMT
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Braden Shepherdson <braden@chromium.org> wrote:
> We debated internally at Google how much to talk about this. In the end we
> decided that since the external APIs were not changing, this could be
> claimed as an internal refactoring. I'm not sure whether that was the right
> call.

No, it's the wrong call to talk about it internally and not on the
list.  All development should happen in the open and not thrown over
the fence.  The biggest reason why your team gets so much friction is
because of your history of doing this, especially when you don't test
this and it breaks things.

Changes like this are fine, but the way this change was done wasn't
the Apache Way.