cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] FileHelper and DirectoryManager removed, breaks two core plugins
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:14:46 GMT
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> That's good feedback. I was flip floppy about actually removing the files
> from core, but sounds like there's good reason to leave them for now. I'll
> put them back and deprecate them. Also unsure about whether it merits a
> major version bump, since these classes aren't (intentionally) a part of
> our API, but rather files that didn't get moved into the plugins in time.

Whoa.  Back when we were working on 3.0, these were supposed to be
shared classes, and now they're plugins?  I remember not moving them
out because I guessed that something like this would happen.

> The copies of them in the plugins have the same name, but are in different
> packages, so they won't conflict.

They also might not be able to be dexed after they're compiled into
Java bytecode, like when the namespace for FileUtils was changed.
This was something that caught a few people off guard.  I think we
should keep this change, but that this is actually more about our
process than about moving things around.  We should be able to do
these changes without it taking three hours for someone to clean their
stuff if they had the misfortune of going to a business meeting that
day of the change.