cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.9.0 Support
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:34:28 GMT
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Ian Clelland <iclelland@chromium.org> wrote:
> We should be supporting 2.9 -- I'm pretty sure we've committed to at least
> fixing bugs as they come up.

We've committed to it, but to be honest, I stopped doing the backports
when I heard there wasn't going to be a 2.9.1 release, because if
there's not going to be a release of 2.9.1, there's no reason to keep
supporting 2.9.x.  It doesn't work with plugman the same way 3.x does.

> We never discussed whether we would *only* be fixing things that were
> reported on the 2.9 branch, or whether we were going to test the issues
> that were reported on 3.x and backport the fixes. I think, though, that as
> long as the codebases haven't diverged *so much* (as in a complete re-write
> of a given plugin), that we should at least take the time to verify the
> issue -- and the fix -- on 2.9, and release 2.9.x versions when it makes
> sense.

Agreed.

So, are we going to do a 2.9.1? Should I be going through all the
plugins and making sure that everything is backported?