cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject About plugins in 3.1
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:21:15 GMT
As far as I understand and following this documentation:

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.0.0/guide_cli_index.md.html#The%20Command-line%20Interface

Plugins are currently fetched using git from origin/master. It is a
major problem in my opinion. The main reason (but there are many) is
that any commit to master can potentially break plugins. Yes, we can
do a dev branch but some people are forgetful and might commit to
master anyway. I think the proper development process for plugins
should be:
- Always commit to master
- When you're ready to release a plugin: update the version, tag it
and publish it to the cordova registry.
- Users can then install the latest version without having to remember
a git URL and without worrying about getting a broken plugin.

Ideally, every Cordova committer should be granted the right to
publish to the registry. Right now, I've only added Andrew Grieve (who
is having issues publishing atm...). If anybody wants to be added, let
me know.

Does that sound good to everyone?

-a