cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating plugin code on prepare
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:50:57 GMT
If we're talking about developing plugins inside the
plugins/org.myplugin.id folder than I think it's a great workflow and
I would just hide the cached version of plugin.xml inside that
plugins/org.myplugin.id folder.

However, if you're developing a plugin outside of a cordova CLI
project, I think a `watch` (and add --watch) command is more
appropriate. One of the reasons you would develop a plugin outside of
a cordova CLI project is for easier version control (each plugin would
have its own repository). The other cool thing about `watch` is that
it would copy the files that have actually changed and not everything
(some plugins have a LOT of files [1]).

[1] https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-facebook-plugin