cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: What's your daily workflow for cordova development?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2013 14:53:47 GMT
I would caution against developing a plugin inside a cordova-cli workspace.
The nature of the install vs. prepare divide is that any changes to native
code require reinstalling. That's confusing for developers, so I would
recommend that the best way to develop a plugin using CLI is to plugman
create elsewhere, and then install that plugin into a CLI workspace for
testing. Then when you make a change to the plugin at its top-level
location, you uninstall and reinstall it.

I recognize that this flow is less than ideal, and I'd like to improve it
in the long term, but in the meantime it would be a bad idea to keep a
plugin's canonical location inside plugins/.

Braden