cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Release
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:40:55 GMT
I don't think we want the Cordova version (3.1.0) getting tagged in
plugins. I should think we should merge dev to master and then tag it with
the plugin's own version number, not Cordova versions. Put another way,
it's only a coincidence that this plugin release happens to be near the
Cordova 3.1.0 release.

Braden

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > - I created a branch and named it 3.1.0
> > - I pulled from origin dev
> > - I renamed the id from org.apache.cordova.core.* to org.apache.cordova.*
> > - I renamed the version from x.x.xdev to x.x.x
> > - I changed the dependency from URL to id where applicable (I believe
> > it was only file-transfer and media-capture)
> > - I published the plugin to the registry
> > - I unpublished the old plugin from the registry.
> >
> > The docs were actually already reflecting IDs without 'core' in them
> > so I didn't update them.
> >
> > The process (once we figure out what to do about those 3.0.0 users)
> > should be in the future.
> > - Work on master
> > - Tag version
> > - Publish that version
> >
> > I left master untouched for all plugins so 3.0.0 users should not have
> > any issues.
> >
> > -a
> >
> > On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 4:01 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >> Sorry for being silent today. I ended up not having much time to work
> today
> >> :(. Mostly what I got done is more thinking about how to go about
> things :P.
> >>
> >> That said, Braden did manage to take care of RC1 of CLI! Thanks Braden!
> (
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-4837). To get it:
> >>
> >> npm install -g cordova@3.0.10
> >>
> >> With the RC, doing a "cordova platform add" will add the rc1 platform,
> and
> >> doing a "cordova platform update" will update an existing platform to
> rc1.
> >>
> >> I think we should hold off on a blog post for it until we update the
> >> plugins in the registry (and at the same time remove the .core part). If
> >> someone else wants to take that on, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I will
> get
> >> to it on Sunday while I'm in Amsterdam :).
> >>
> >> One revelation I had about the registry:
> >> I think we should *not* remove the url= line from FileTransfer's
> >> <dependency> tag for a little while. This will mean that even when
> >> FileTransfer comes from the registry, its dependency will come straight
> >> from the URL. The copy in the registry and the copy in git are the
> same, so
> >> this should be fine. If we *did* remove the url right away, then people
> >> using the 3.0 tools and following the 3.0 instructions would break.
> >>
> >> New New timeline:
> >> ASAP - Upload rc1 of cordova-docs
> >> Sunday/Monday - Plugin release + Uploading plugins to registry
> >> Monday - Blog post announcing RC1
> >> Rest of week: Test upgrade process, Test the registry out, Make sure
> docs
> >> are good, Test download tracking of the registry
> >> Following Monday (ish): Final Release
> >>
> >> In this revision, I push back the final release even more because I
> realize
> >> many of us will be travelling back from AMS.

RC
> tagged,
> test.

> cmarcelk@gmail.com>