cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Release
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 13:51:52 GMT
I agree with Joe that developing on anything other than master sucks. But
unfortunately, our hands are tied in the near term because the registry
doesn't know to fetch plugins from anywhere else. Also it makes life easier
for being who are installing plugins from git URLs.

I think we eventually want to get to a world where 99% of plugin installs
are happening from the registry, the registry knows how to fetch tags, and
people who are using git URLs directly know what they're doing and want the
dev version. (Also you can specify branches with #gitref in the URL, so
there's flexibility there.) But we're not there yet.

Braden