cordova-dev mailing list archives

From David Kemp <drk...@google.com>
Subject Re: Cordova CI - Medic
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2013 18:09:41 GMT
Good to know!

I have been co-ordinating with Mike Billau directly (not so much on the
list) just because the traffic was specialized.
Probably a mistake on my part.

I have located a low-cost hub that works well with iPads (has a 2.1A
output) and collected 7 or 8 Android & iOS devices here to runs tests on.
Past that I have been trying to get the tests to run reliably (fixing
mobilespec) and reporting bugs that people introduce.

I am not aware of any plans to move buildbot to Apache. I'm not connected
with the group that maintains it at all, its just that theres lots of
people around here that know it well so help is always at hand.

I would recommend that if you spin this up, put the build master on a Linux
instance, and run the slaves on a Mac. Running the build master on the same
Mac as the slaves seems to introduce instability. Also weak from a security
standpoint.

We are putting up a virtual Linux box that will be build master and the
couchDB and will ultimately be exposed to the community. Then perhaps
ci.cordova.io can be a central access point for anyone running tests.